Saturday 21 August 2010

Un día!!

I can't believe how soon it is until I leave.

I don't think I'm normal. Last week I held back tears of fear and nervs in China town as I chomped down dim sum, but this week - with only a day to go, I'm feeling fabulous about everything!

Having felt like I was going to throw up all week I'm more content than ever. I just feel like everything is falling into place.

Funny how with so much to do I suddenly got bombarded with work. - Extra pocket money for a mini shopping trip to the "mall" haha.

I've finally packed all my clothes, shoes, and handbags. It was easier than I thought choosing clothes - shoes on the other hand was a nightmare...

My Mum finally got to say "hi" to Alex's Mum - Kelly, face to face (or Skype to Skype!) this week. I nearly died. My Mum ran upstairs laughing and wanting to talk to Alex. Little did she know that Kelly was also on Skype, much to my Mum's embarrassment as she squealed "I've already had two glasses of wine!". But it was nice for them to get to finally have a chat.

I think I've discovered that leaving has its major ups. I've received more cards and presents in the past month than I did on my birthday; with the added hilarity of a girls night out which resulted in far too many bottles of wine, numerous amounts of unwanted attention, vomiting, a friend laying on the bottom of a taxi floor - stilettos in the air singing "Americano!!!" to my feet, and a spontaneous 3am 1hour walk across town only to be locked out as a very hilarious times.

I think my next update will be from Michigan! How crazy is that. I have my plane outfit planned and intend to take numerous photos in the airport, on the plane, and during my change in Chicago - yes I'm going to be one of THOOSE people.

I just can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment